health coaching for executives – Stress is a relatively negative word today. While we didn't have a word for it before, it has occupied us so intensively today and since the beginning of industrialization and increasing mobility up to today's digital age. Today, when our times are shaped by pandemics, political uncertainties, supply bottlenecks, climate change and inflation. All of these issues affect our well-being - and not to our advantage - as important basic needs such as the need for security and predictability are not adequately met. The aim of this article is to clarify what triggers stress in your body and how through it Coaching You can deal with stress in a more healing way in your function and position.
requirements of a leader
- Responsibility towards the company and the employees
- Balanced personality
- Appreciative communication
- High decision-making authority under pressure
- dealing with resistance
- Role model and motivation function
- Professional handling of and under time pressure
- Fulfilling various expectations
- Set the right priorities
- attention and focus
In order to meet all these demands and stresses and to survive in the long term, our organism has developed a clever "self-coaching" method that you have probably heard of before: Flight or Fight VS Rest and Digest (in English: fight or flight & rest and digest). In a health coaching for Executives we analyze your individual stressors and find individual solutions together.
Fight or Flight VS Rest and Digest – Executive Health Coaching
The parasympathetic or vagus nerve can be strong or weak. If it is strong, then the body can recover well after stress, heart rate, respiration, blood pressure, digestion run ideally.
There are studies that describe a positive connection between a strong parasympathetic nervous system and positive emotions and health. You can also benefit from this in the context of health coaching for executives. A high parasympathetic nervous system is associated with increased serotonin and dopamine levels, as well as better interpersonal relationships. Executives can particularly benefit from this knowledge.
It is important for HRV coaching to understand how we can measure the strength of our parasympathetic nervous system. I would like to briefly address important medical terms that are often confused. Health coaching for executives is now a MUST given the immense pressure.
Heart rate variability (HRV) as a subjective health characteristic in coaching
Pulse: Heartbeats, the effects of which are measured in the periphery, such as on the wrist
heart rate (HR): Actual heart beats per minute
Heart rate variability (HRV): HRV is the difference in time between consecutive heartbeats.
Current consequences for the increased activation of the sympathetic nervous system due to a constantly high stress level in Germany have been worked out in a study by the Techniker Krankenkasse. Health coaching for executives is not just a trend.
Accordingly, “one in four […] is often stressed. The main stresses are work, self-demanding and fear for family members.”
The conclusion of the study is:
In particular, long-lasting stress phases drain one's own resources. "In addition to physical complaints such as back pain, headaches and stomach problems, constant stress can also affect the psyche," says TK CEO Dr. Jens Baas. "The range extends to exhaustion and depression." According to the study, the majority of those who are frequently stressed suffer from exhaustion (80 percent), sleep disorders (52 percent), headaches and migraines (40 percent) or depression or depression (34 percent). . In the US, 56% now use health coaching for executives.
Free initial consultation
The importance of heart rate variability for the parasympathetic nervous system
The vagal tone can be measured using heart rate variability (HRV) (cf. Geitel, 2016). When HRV is high, vagal tone is also high. This is shown by a slight increase in heart rate when inhaling and a decrease in heart rate when exhaling. The HRV and the parasympathetic are in direct relationship context
- A low HRV value can mean a sympathetic parasympathetic imbalance, while a high value indicates a balance
- A reduced HRV can be a sign of reduced parasympathetic tone and can be associated with a variety of diseases
- The greater the variance in heart rate, the more ready the body is to perform at high levels
It is important to know that the HRV:
- differs from person to person
- can vary from day to day
- varies significantly over the course of the day
- does not represent an absolute performance feature
Therefore we recommend:
- to measure the HRV values regularly and under the same conditions as possible (preferably daily)
- Compare your values over a period of at least 4 weeks
- to analyze trends
- try to increase the HRV through targeted measures
- In the best case, consult an expert
But how can you now demonstrably and measurably strengthen your parasympathetic nervous system? At the end of this blog entry, I would like to give you a brief overview of the adjustment screws you can make yourself. Quasi self-coaching. A little tip: start with the screw that is easiest for you and increase over time! Have you ever thought about health coaching for executives?
The 6 coaching doctors:
- Regular bedtimes
- Short walk before bed
- min. 1 hour before no meal
- Basic endurance training (GA 1 and GA 2) as a basis
- selection by Motivation and interest
- Goal-based training
- best in the forest with good air (terpenoids)
- Recognize the difference between appetite and hunger
- Regulated mealtimes
- Panchakarma cures, alkaline fasting etc.
- Various exercises based on scientifically based knowledge
- preferably regularly in the morning or evening on an empty stomach
- is recommended before and after breathing exercises
- can also be integrated into short breaks
- preferably with guidance
- can be customized according to objectives
- Gradual increase in scope and intensity, starting with cold calf showers, etc.
- Proper breathing during exposure is essential
- recommended also with an empty stomach
- For intense exposures like ice bathing, always have a partner with you who is not in the water
- Cryo sauna as a great alternative to ice bathing, as it is less mentally demanding
For a sustainable implementation, a peer group can certainly help you or professional coaching in which you are informed, cared for and accompanied. In this way you can be sure that you are in the best hands and quickly get back on track if you have a lack of energy, exhaustion, migraines, low motivation or problems with focus. Let's talk about Health Coaching for Executives sprechen, in person or online. Have you ever had a personal Business Coach thinking?
Executive health coaching is a specialized form of coaching focused on improving the health and well-being of executives. Through coaching, leaders can learn how to improve their lifestyle and develop healthy habits to improve their performance and productivity. Health coaching can also help reduce stress and burnout and empower leaders to have a healthy lifestyle Work-Life Balance to achieve.
Executive health coaching can cover various topics such as nutrition, exercise, sleep and stress management. Topics such as mental health, self-care and burnout prevention can also be dealt with in coaching. The topics are customized to the needs and Set agreed by the client.
When selecting an executive health coach, it is important to choose a coach who has in-depth knowledge and experience in health and wellbeing and who specializes in executive coaching. A good coach should be able to understand the client's specific needs and challenges and develop appropriate strategies and plans to address them. It is also important that the coach has a positive attitude, is able to build trust and respect, and is focused on the client's individual needs and goals. Before selecting an executive health coach, it is advisable to check references and experiences of other clients and arrange an introductory meeting to ensure there is chemistry between coach and client.
Free initial consultation